Sex therapy targets sexual concerns. Some people prefer to discuss and explore their sexual issues alone and others prefer to discuss these potentially awkward conversations with their partner(s) in the office of a trusted professional.
As a sex-positive therapist, I believe that safe, consensual sex is a healthy, natural, exquisite part of the human experience. My sex therapy philosophy supports and encourages sexual pleasure and experimentation. I am also a non-monogamy-affirming therapist.
My approach to sex therapy includes getting a thorough history of your sexual concern(s), and collaboratively exploring the history of the problem to better understand how it came to be. We'll discuss how it affects you and your relationship(s) currently, and work together to identify solutions and outcomes that move you toward your goals.
I can offer you a sensitive, non-judgmental, and supportive approach to create a safe framework to talk about sex. I provide a strong commitment to confidentiality always, and especially when working through intimate information.
Common issues addressed in sex therapy include, but are not limited to:
- Work through past sexual trauma
- Decreased sexual desire or pleasure
- Difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection
- Delayed or premature ejaculation
- Difficulty reaching orgasm
- Increasing sexual self-confidence
- Increasing body acceptance
- Discuss ways to improve sex life
- Navigate changes in sexual identities
- Re-align mismatched sex drives
- Navigate open/non-monogamy or polyamorous "poly" relationships
- Explore fantasies, fetishes or kink
I am LGBTQIA-affirming and I enjoy working with people of all sexual orientations and gender identities to understand their concerns, and work together to increase sexual satisfaction, health and wellness. If you have a sexual concern you want to explore, let's talk today.